Monday, May 9, 2011

Awesome Mondays-Garnish

Marvelous Finds Monday's have begun! I've found so many cool things lately that I've decided to share all my finds with you! I'm the type to find something I LOVE then figure out a way that I can use it to fit my lifestyle....ha...much to my husbands dismay, they usually cost money :) But, what's a little cash in the big scheme of things when it gives me such gratification to express the artist in me? Everyone needs a creative outlet, and paper related stuff happens to be mine! I LOVE it! I guess it's the idea that anything is possible and you're only limited by your imagination....wait, is this an exerpt from a high school graduation speech...oh how I would like to return to those days...I digress... ok, ok! Back to topic...I'm so excited to share my finds, so here's the first one.

The website is www.thinkgarnish.com When you go there, it says "Garnish" at the top. They sell to go containers, boxes, straws (straws, you say? These are most unusual straws and I promise you'll love them) and so many more items that sound completely boring! But, when you apply a little imagination, you can create the most fun party, family gathering, wedding, or whatever you are hosting. I'm convinced that the lovely things in life are so because of the details. Making the mundane spectacular is just 20 minutes, some simple supplies, and some trial and error away. Example, instead of serving lemonade in a typical glass/cup...

BORING.....

Why not serve it in a mason jar with a red and white striped straw? And to top it off, tie cute little tags on them with twine (sold on thinkgarnish in several colors)!

pale lemonade in mason jars with a pretty round label


red white striped paper straws, blue glass mason jar

The straws...you have to imagine them in the glass with the lemonade...oh so cute! You can find these straws on www.thinkgarnish.com in several colors!
What's great is that you can find vintage mason jars at flea markets and antique stores for pretty cheap!

Some other ideas...

Just imagine.....It's two weeks before your wedding and suddenly you remember that out of the 200 people coming to your wedding, 25 little noise makers (aka your lovely little cousins/friends kids/etc) will be at the wedding and reception. You know they will be all wound up after sitting through a 20 minute wedding ceremony just looking for an opportunity to make your wedding memorable if you know what I mean...ha! Well, there is a solution!

Children's Party Table
Set up a kids table! All of the items above can be ordered off of thinkgarnish. Craft paper sold in rolls like wrapping paper to cover the table. Provide crayons, markers, whatever you have for them to color with. Also, you can find wedding related printouts in black and white that are designed to be printed and colored in....or better yet, you can make your own! Place whatever you like in the middle of the table for decoration....candy in cones like they have above, flowers, maybe even a few "dress up" items like a cowboy hat, a princess crown, ya know...just cute little things that will make the wedding experience a fun one for them! I mean, that's really what it's all about. You want ALL your guests to have fun! And we all know that caterers charge you out the @#^$% per person...so why not plan ahead (and have your bestest friend help you out with this) and put together "kids meals". Surely a PB&J, a bag of Lays, and a cookie (with your wedding label of course) made just for them will make any kids day, right? Not to mention, it will save you a pretty penny in food costs! Putting their name on them is a little difficult if you have a ton of kids, but you can put something else fun on the outside...use your imagination!

If They Make It, They Will Eat It

I love making food for folks, and I've gotten to do a lot of it lately b/c of all the precious babies that have come along! What a great way to present your labor of love to your friend/coworker/whatever. I can attest that the LAST thing you want to do is cook during those first few weeks with your baby.

We're Going on a Picnic
Who's up for a picnic?? The larger containers can be used for so many other things...out of town packages for wedding guests. How awesome to check in to your hotel and have this given to you...it's like giving your guests a virtual hug!

Wow...endless possibilities....please go to their website for more great ideas! I think you'll find that these items are very inexpensive and worth displaying once you've put your special touch on them! Of course, if you need any assistance in creating, please let me help...I LIVE for this stuff!

Happy creating!









No comments:

Post a Comment