Friday, December 10, 2010

I'm 5 weeks old!

My little munchkin is 5 weeks old! I can't believe it...time really does fly! Well, except when you're waiting for a bottle to warm at 2:30am! At first, the mind set is just to get through the next hour without a major meltdown....but now we're at the point where we know we can handle this parenting thing, and we're doing ok (hey, we haven't killed him yet, right?). It's the little things that you start to enjoy...the first smile, the cooing, it's all so new and fun!
We had a couple of new experiences yesterday. 1) the GINORMOUS booger! Will has been stuffy for the past week, so we finally went and got a spray saline solution last night. We're such rookies...we spray the stuff in one nostril (Will is not too happy about us invading his nose) and then I get the sucker (aspirator in medical terms...haha) and suck some snot out, not much though. So we move on to the second nostril, spray the saline, get the sucker, and OH MY...the biggest booger I have EVER seen comes out of his nose with some snot attached! I almost vomit, and Cory is cracking up! I wish we had taken a picture because that was one for the record books! After that, he was able to breath so much better! 2) the crap load of crap! I was changing his diaper yesterday morning because he was really stinky. Once I had his diaper open, he decides that he is not done pooping, and lets it go! Thank goodness I had not actually pulled the diaper out from under him! You know you're a mommy when you witness poo coming out of your child's rear! Whew....and that was even smellier than the poo that was already in there!

So today, I took some pictures of me and Will. No, I'm not wearing make up, and no, I have not showered since Wednesday. Welcome to motherhood! Anyway, I'm in a pretty good mood today, and Will was for a few minutes, so here ya go!

We put up our Christmas tree this week! We had to time it with his nightly nap...

Tried to get more of the tree, but as you can see, his good mood is fading fast!

No more good mood...

Picked him up, and all was right with the world...

He's so flaky..haha!


Look at those eyes! No wonder I'm so in love!


I swear, his cheeks are getting chubbier by the day...


Good mood again!

Almost happy enough to smile

Hey bartender! I'll take a formula and water...



Yummy....formula was good!

Mommy, why do you keep flashing a bright light in my face??

The drunk look...this is also after he ate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment