Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What I'm loving...Parties!

I am totally obsessed with my son's upcoming first birthday party...I know, it's 5 months away. BUT, you have to think WAY ahead on these things or you won't have time to plan, calculate costs, then plan again b/c what you want costs an arm and a leg...

My theme is "Will's Wild Wild West". I love the idea of little cowboys and cowgirls running around all dressed up! I think it will be so cute to have Will in a cowboy hat and a little sheriff badge! I LOVE searching Etsy to see what goodies I find to match my theme...let me know what you think and if you have ideas for me to incorporate!

I really want to have someone take pictures for me! I am no good at taking pics and I think a first birthday deserves good documentation. Of course I want the normal pics, but I also want to have a western style backdrop for families to take pictures in front of.


3.5 x 3.5 Foot Vinyl Photography Backdrop for Newborns, Babies and Children -- Faux Weathered White Wood


















4x6 Foot Vinyl Photography Backdrop -- Old Wooden Door








This? I found these two in an Etsy store called LollipopBackdrops. The first one is $50 (measures 3.5 x 3.5 feet) and the second is $85 (measures 4 x 6 feet). Here’s a link to her shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LollipopBackdrops?ref=seller_info


Aviary 2 Woodgrain Bark Brown

I found some fabric that is wood grain patterned, so I guess I could stretch it over canvas to make my own? But who has time for that? Maybe I can talk my mom into doing it for me…ha!


Party Making Memories-Set of 10 Photo Props Unique Funny way to Personalize your photos and create lasting memories  Geek Book worm Pipe Hat mustache Black Elegance Wedding Birthday Party Shower Graduation Family Renuinon Meeting Themed party props wp







































And how about these photo props?? I think I’m going to get cowboy/cowgirl hats for all the kids that come. Ha! Can you see parents holding up a mustache on their baby with the cowboy hat on?!?! How cute! The idea is to have the pics posted on a common website so that the families can download/buy the pics. These are from the Etsy shop FunnySideofLife. $24 for a dozen! Pretty good and well worth it! Here’s the link to their shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/FunnySideofLife?ref=seller_info


How about this for food? I love this idea! Chili is both easy and cost effective. And doesn't this cornbread look delicious?!?! I probably won’t end up using the mason jars for the chili b/c I don't see me making 50 of these! Hello paper bowls! Maybe red bandana patterned?

Cloth Bags - Cotton

I’ve been thinking about favors, and I would like to do a cloth bag, maybe several different patterns, some western, some geometric, maybe some burlap mixed in? Or maybe these simple bags with something cute stamped on? I want to have folks fill their bags with candy from a candy bar, which will be located in The General Store J.

Personalized Western sign for boy's room with bucking horse
zoom












Yes, I want to have a mock General Store! Imagine this sign saying General Store. I also want to have a Saloon where the beverages are! Since I won’t use the mason jars for Chili, maybe I’ll use them for lemonade?

ok...enough for now! Please let me know if you have any western type ideas for me!

Britt










No comments:

Post a Comment