Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Will's crib bedding is DONE!

Ahhhh...I feel like I can breath a sigh of relief! The crib bedding is done, and the picture for above the crib is done! Cory and I worked on some other things last night, too. We set up the monitors, and tested them out...we got his bath tub ready (it has this mesh insert for him to lay in for sponge baths...so cute!)...I organized the contents of the baskets on the changing table....wrote some thank you notes....after all that, I felt much better and more prepared for Will. When bed time finally came, I could NOT GO TO SLEEP! So frustrating....I kept running scenarios through my head. Is my water going to break while I'm asleep? Is it going to break while I'm out walking? Is it going to break at dinner one night...in public??? Who knows... am I just going to start having contractions first? Exactly how bad are they going to hurt? I've been fortunate enough not to have had any broken bones or major accidents in my life, so I haven't really experienced a lot of pain. I hope I'm not a big baby :) I guess Cory will have to let you know after all is said and done :)

This last month is going to be really hard...Will is so active, he kicks and punches me relentlessly! My right ribs will never be the same :) But, I'm so excited at the same time...it's so exhausting having all these different emotions all the time :)

Anyway, the pictures below show the crib bedding! My mom and Nana (Will's Great Nana) came up for the weekend to finish it up! I'm so happy it turned out so well...just what I wanted!!!

My mother in law, Shelley (Will's Nana) also came to help. Me and her worked on the picture that is above his crib...pictures below.

This jacket used to zip :) Not anymore!!! This is what happens when your 36 weeks prego!

From the side at 36 weeks...obviously make up and fixing my hair has become unimportant these last few weeks....haha!

The inside of the crib bedding with a green sheet saver. My mom made the cute snuggly bunny in the corner!

Will's crib!


Close up of the inside...


My Nana sewing in the last bumper tie! She's so good. By the way, that is a needle and thread hanging from her mouth... :)

Close up of the outside! The animal print goes all the way around on the outside.

My mom made a hanging organizer out of some of the leftover fabric!

I hung it on the side of the changing table...she did a fabulous job!

She also made this adorable pillow, which fits perfectly on Will's rocking chair!

How cute!

This is the picture that Shelley and I did! I painted the background and the tree, then Shelley and I cut out ALL these animals.

And this is the stuff we used to glue the animals on and also to seal the picture. It is amazing...works on paper and fabric. Great tool for a do it yourself project! It makes the picture look similar to an oil painting and also protects it.

It looks white when you put it on. I did three coats all together letting it dry for about an hour between coats. This picture was taken about half way through drying.

This is the final outcome!

Hanging on the wall in his nursery!


1 comment:

  1. Everything looks so great!! Gosh your mom is so talented! That is so special to have Will's bedding handmade by his grandma :). Can't wait to see it in person soon!!!

    ReplyDelete