Friday, July 23, 2010

Baby! Baby!

Shout out to Kristina!!! I love you and I'm so glad that I got to spend some time with you yesterday! She works for a company called Doggie Deposit if you're wondering why that sign is back there...she was in Nashville for a trade show. We heard A LOT of poop jokes that night...haha! I guess this can be my 25 week picture, but you can't really tell I have a bump.

So, I've been doing a little light reading about breast feeding lately... what? Are you kidding me?? I'm supposed to do this for how long? And I'm supposed to want to?? If you haven't figured it out, I'm a little scared! Take a look at this quote from an article in babytalk "Blocked milk ducts occurs when one duct becomes partially obstructed. It creates a firm, tender, engorged area, often near the armpits." Also from this article..."Mastitis is a breast infection that occurs in 10 % of breastfeeding women." Yet another... "Thrush is a fungal infection sometimes occurring in moms who are diabetic or have recently taken antibiotics." Really, I don't like the sound of ANY of that. I certainly don't like a 10% infection rate! Geez...
Can I just pump?? I'm guessing I'll feel better about all this once I have my little hunny bunn in my arms, but until then, no thank you!


On to a happier topic! Last weekend Cory and I had a date night!! Woohoo! I guess we better get them in while we can :). We went to a restaurant called St. Johns, and it was SOOOO GOOD! I got to dress up for dinner! This was at 24 weeks... I know Will enjoyed the food because he was letting me know later that night by way of flips in my belly! Oh, you like the shirt? I absolutely LOVE it too! It is so comfortable! Thanks to my terrific mother-in-law!



2 comments:

  1. Hello! I came across your blog on "nashvilletash". I must say you look fabulous wearing that bump ;) Fun story, we use those dog bags at our dog park haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog from Heather Schablik's blog. I happen to be a RN on a postpartum mother/baby floor that really supports breast feeding. Don't be discouraged or read too much... you should definitely have an idea of how you plan to feed your sweet pea but don't rule anything out. Br. feeding isn't always easy but you may be surprised at how much you enjoy the bonding experience. I wish you the best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete